Terms & Conditions for Contracts with Ambit Gender Diversity Consulting
Unless otherwise stated or agreed upon:
- All quotes only cover the services agreed upon. If additional services are required, an additional quote must first be negotiated.
- Any quotes for trainings are specifically for the session length, number of participants, and content agreed upon. Quotes are subject to change if the session length or number of participants changes from initial estimates.
- Any quotes provided are exclusive of GST and mileage.
- Mileage of $2.00/km is charged when the round trip is 20km or greater. This fee covers the cost of gas, car expenses, as well as the facilitator’s travel time.
- Any quotes for travel expenses are estimates only, and will be shifted to reflect actual costs at the time of travel. Receipts can be provided upon request.
- Invoice payments are due within 30 days of the service delivery date. In cases where multiple sessions are delivered, invoices are due within 30 days of the last service delivery date. In cases where Ambit is offering consulting on an ongoing or long term basis, Ambit will invoice for the portion of services delivered on a monthly basis.
- Rather requesting a deposit, Ambit will charge a 25% cancellation fee (to a maximum of $500) if a workshop, training, or any other service is cancelled within 7 days of the agreed service delivery date. Ambit will charge a 10% admin fee (to a maximum of $200) if a workshop needs to be rescheduled (change of date) or altered (in content, duration, deliverables, or any other factor which significantly shifts the services originally agreed upon) within 7 days of the service delivery date. Minor changes (i.e. shifts in the time of day of a training) will not be charged the 10% admin fee unless other factors (in content, duration, deliverables, …) are also shifting.
- Ambit will defer to public health guidelines concerning physical distancing and the prevention of COVID-19. Ambit is defaulting to online meetings and trainings unless otherwise specified/required by the client. If a scheduled in-person training cannot occur because of a shift in public health guidelines, Ambit will deliver the training online via Zoom.
- Any quotes provided will be valid for 6 months. After 6 months, Ambit reserves the right to renegotiate a quote based on the current fee schedule.
Unless otherwise stated or agreed upon:
- Ambit trainings are adaptable, and respond to the emergent needs and desires participants/clients. Any agendas or proposed deliverables are for reference only, and are guides for the intended outcomes of the workshop.
- Recording of training sessions must be agreed upon in advance when negotiating the services to be delivered, in part to mitigate potential concerns of participant confidentiality. A recorded session and a typical session are considered different services, and as such, are valued differently.
- If a session is recorded, the client is entitled to keep the recording for 30 days in order to allow access to employees who were not able to attend on the day-of. Recordings are not to be kept/used in perpetuity.
- Any material presented in an Ambit workshop is not to be reproduced without explicit consent from Ambit.
- If consent has been given to reproduce or share Ambit materials, Ambit branding must be maintained and Ambit credited as the source.
- Due to the content of our work, having our information (i.e. business address and phone number) shared broadly can put us in vulnerable positions in terms of our safety. If you ever receive a request from someone you don’t know for our contact information, please inform us. You are welcome to pass along our publicly available email address, which is
- We are committed to treating information shared by clients as private and confidential, and will not share this information with any other third party unless required by law.
- We like to share about the good work organizations are doing to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. If you do not wish to be named as a client on our Clients page or on our social media platforms, please let us know. Unless otherwise stated, you are welcome to share about your work with Ambit on social media (@ambitgender) or through other media platforms. In posts, please use Ambit’s business name in posts rather than the first and last names of our facilitators (unless consent has been directly given).