Ambit has a subcontract opportunity!
We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis, and encourage early applications.
The application deadline has been extended to Friday, January 15th, 2021 at 5:00pm
Check out the details below.
Ambit Gender Diversity Consulting is a company dedicated to improving workplace experiences for transgender, non-binary, and other gender diverse people. We work with many different sectors, including all levels of government, non-profits, businesses, post-secondary institutions, and at times, other community-based groups. Ambit delivers training on gender diversity and supports teams with exploring other topics such as microaggressions, intersectionality, bystander intervention, and systemic changes in workplace culture. Ambit also offers consultation and services such as policy review, research, curriculum design, and planning and facilitating community engagement.
About the Role
The Operations and Admin assistant role involves:
- 10 hours per week (possibility of up to 15 hours at peak times as needed)
- Training period: 3 month contract @ $22.50/hr – This is an opportunity to make sure that the working relationship is working for both Ambit and the OAA.
- After a successful training period, the contract will be extended to the end of 2021 @ $25/hr*. If not the right fit, Ambit would communicate their intentions to stop the working relationship two weeks prior to the end of the training period.
- The OAA is expected to be available a minimum of 3 days/week during typical business hours. The OAA has the option to spread their 10 hours over more than 3 days/week if they wish.
- The OAA will be responsible for remitting appropriate taxes, CPP and EI payments to the Canada Revenue Agency as a self-employed subcontractor.
- *As this is a subcontract, the applicant is also welcome to name their hourly rate for these administrative services. While rate will be a contributing factor in deciding on a successful candidate, applicants will not be chosen solely on the basis of their hourly rate.
- Managing Ambit’s main email account, which includes responding to prospective clients and general inquiries, and corresponding with current clients
- Exploring clients’ needs, and matching them with the Ambit service that will fit best
- Arranging intake calls (as needed) and training logistics like date/time/venue
- Coordinating Ambit’s master schedule
- Creating and sending agendas, quotes, and invoices
- Tracking income and expenses
- Booking travel + accommodation (if applicable)
- Supporting outreach efforts for community engagement projects
- Coding and sorting data for research projects
- Researching relevant, industry-specific articles
- Doing outreach to prospective clients
- Clear communication, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and problem solving
- Strong time management skills, both for self and others
- Strong understanding of social justice
- Detail oriented; able to manage details for many simultaneous projects and clients
- Proficient with Google Drive and Word/Pages and Excel/Numbers, web conferencing software like Zoom/BlueJeans/Microsoft Teams, and invoicing software like Freshbooks
- Experience working with or for LGBTQ2I+ people and communities, and/or other marginalized populations
Note: Applicants from a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and identities are encouraged to apply and are welcome (but not obligated) to voluntarily disclose this information in their applications.
Please indicate if you have any of these skills. Please provide examples where appropriate.
- Website editing, specifically on WordPress, but experience with other platforms is also valuable
- Social media savvy
- Graphic design
- Creative writing (i.e. for blog posts and newsletters)
- Experience with task management systems (i.e. Trello, Basecamp, Asana, …)
- During the training period (3 months), there would be one scheduled meeting per week. As the OAA gains confidence with the responsibilities of the role, scheduled meetings would become less frequent (one meeting every two to four weeks, depending on needs). Kingsley will be available as needed by phone or Zoom (within business hours) to help support with training outside of these meetings.
- The OAA will provide their own equipment (i.e. computer, cell phone, desk, office supplies, etc.) to complete the responsibilities of the work. This work can happen remotely.
- Ambit provides WorkSafe coverage for all subcontractors.
- New, one year contracts would be negotiated one month prior to the end of the current contract (i.e. 2022 contract negotiated in early Dec 2021).
- Please send a cover letter and resume to by 5:00pm on Friday, January 15th, 2021.
- Please only send one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.
- Pdf preferred, but Word / Pages also accepted.
- Please title your file [First name Last name_Ambit OAA Application_Date]. Please use the name(s) we should refer to you by.
- Any edits or updates to this subcontract opportunity, or responses to common questions from applicants, will be posted at the top of this page. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check back on this page for relevant updates to the subcontract posting.