A new conference, ReImagining Masculinities, is being hosted at the University of Victoria on May 11th from 10:00am-5:00pm. Among conversations including “Colonial masculinities and the denial of violence”, “Transformative justice,” and “Being responsible and accountable,” Ambit will be hosting a conversation about “Queering masculinities,” in which we’ll explore questions such as:
- How does masculinity connect to and/or transcend sex, gender, and orientation?
- How can we “do masculinity” in non-normative, transformative, and expansive ways?
- How can anyone (regardless of sex, gender, or orientation) take a queer approach to exploring
- How do toxic masculinities operate and replicate in queer spaces?
- How do toxic masculinities influence consent in queer spaces?
- What is the way forward?
Join us for what will be a packed day of learning and action!