The Major Problem of Microaggressions
Delivered online or in-person, this dynamic training session is designed to support participants in exploring how they can contribute to personal, organizational, and systemic shifts by intervening when violence, oppression, and microaggressions are perpetuated in everyday life and in the workplace.
In this participant-driven and experiential workshop, participants will:
- Learn about the history of bystander intervention as a tool for social change.
- Name their own sites of privilege, oppression, and identity.
- Explore how systems of power and personal lived experiences can bias our understanding of everyday moments and interpersonal interactions.
- Discuss a framework for identifying why and how bystander intervention is an effective tool for interrupting violence.
- Practice both intervening and receiving an intervention non-defensively.